Delicious Veggie Pizza
For the pizza dough:
1. 1/2 cup of coconut flour.
2. 1/4 cup of almond flour.
3. 3 tablespoons of ground psyllium husk.
4. 1/4 teaspoon of salt to taste.
5. 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
6. 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
7. 1 cup of warm water.
8. 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
For the veggie topping
1. 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. 1/2 cup of chopped red bell pepper.
3. 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper.
4. 1/2 cup of chopped orange bell pepper.
5. 1/3 cup of chopped red onion.
6. 1 cup of chopped button mushrooms.
7. 1/2 teaspoon of dried or fresh basil,
8. 1/2 teaspoon of dried or fresh oregano.
9. 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
10. 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to taste.
For the sauce
1. 1 (15-ounces) can of organic tomato sauce.
2. 1/2 teaspoon of dried or fresh basil,
3. 1/2 teaspoon of dried or fresh oregano.
4. 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
5. 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar.
6. 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to taste.
1. Using a large mixing bowl, add in the first six ingredients for the dough then mix properly to combine. Add in the vinegar and the warm water then stir everything to combine (this makes the pizza dough). Let the dough rest for about thirty seconds then knead with clean hands. Place the dough into a bowl then let rest for another ten minutes.
2. Next, use a rolling pin to flatten the pizza dough between two greased parchment papers. For the pizza edges, roll into a cylinder to create puffy edges then place the dough into a parchment paper-lined baking tray, set aside.
3. Decrease the temperature of the oven to 425 degrees F then place a rack in its middle. Place a non-stick skillet pan over medium heat then add in the oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the bell peppers, chopped onions, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and salt to taste, stir properly to combine then cook for about ten minutes until the peppers become soft. Add in the mushrooms and cook for about five minutes then set aside.
4. To make the sauce, using a mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients for the sauce then stir properly to combine. Add the tomato sauce on top of the prepared pizza dough then top with the sautéed vegetables. Place the dough into the oven rack in the preheated oven and bake the pizza for about seventeen to twenty minutes until it becomes crisp and golden brown in color.
5. Slice and serve.
Calories: 306, Fat: 13g, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 4.9g, Protein: 15g.