Kale, Orange & Avocado Salad
For the salad
1. 1 bunch of chopped Lacinato kale.
2. 1/2 diced avocado.
3. 2 tablespoons of sliced and toasted almonds.
4. 1 peeled orange.
For the citrus dressing:
1. 1 minced clove of garlic.
2. 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice.
3. 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
4. 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
5. 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
6. 1/4 teaspoon of salt to taste.
7. 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper to taste.
8. 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
1. For the dressing, using a large mixing bowl, add in all its ingredients then stir properly to combine, set aside. Peel off the skin of the orange alongside the white pitch then separate into sections.
2. Use a sharp knife to chop the orange into smaller pieces then add to a salad bowl alongside the kale, chopped avocado, and almonds. Add some drizzles of the prepared dressing over the salad then toss everything to combine. Serve.
Calories 483, Fat 35.6g, Carbohydrate 34.1g, Fiber 9.8g, and Protein 13.6g.